Sunday, September 30, 2012

::Rainy Simple Sunday ::

It rained all day Saturday. 



It's one big soggy mess outside. (Not going to complain though, because we need it) So a soggy mess is welcome, really, in my book. :) 

I got up and and the oldest daughter and her clan came over (from next door) for coffee. After that I cleaned up the bathroom and kitchen ...then the grandsons were here a couple of hours in the afternoon. We played and goofed off inside for a while. 




They're fun to be around...Easton is talking up a storm!!!! (no, I don't mean the rain outside) :) 
But for a 2 year old...he has quite the vocabulary and language skills.  He is growing pretty fast. I can't believe it! 
His big brother is talking more and more (he was a late bloomer)...that's how it is with boys. They either talk and talk...or they don't say much at all. Now they are both talking all the time.  It's like they feed off each other!  




Anyway-- they keep me in stitches when they are here.  
In between times of housework, playing with the grandsons and taking naps... while listening to the rain.... 
I crocheted. 



Doesn't get much simpler than that. 

I'm joining in here...


Pop on over and see how others are spending their Simple Sundays. Me? I'll probably be doing much of the same...crocheting my little fingers off! 


************************************************************************************************
all of these bath scrubbies can be found in my shop... 

Oh give thanks to the LORD for He is good; His loving Kindness is everlasting. 
~ Psalm 107:1 

15 comments:

debra said...

My grandson just turned three late July. Lately he never shuts up! ! :)
Your crochet is beautiful!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Stopped by from Sunny Simple! Love your crocheted scrubby. Do you have a pattern for that? I'm a new crocheter.

Prior said...

love your creations and that scalloped edge in your bathroom, and I know it must be a joy to hear them talking after the rough start he got...my two year olds play "decorate" lol.
Lezlee

Sunny Simple Life said...

I am so ready for days like that.

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

That sounds like the perfect way to spend the day. Love your paper edging!! I did a little hookin' last night too. Seems like the fall gets me in the mood to crochet. :) Thanks much for your visit and sweet comments! ;)

Barbara F. said...

That is the best kind of Saturday! When I have a chance, I will visit your shop. Thanks for stopping by. xo

Brenda Pruitt said...

Sounds like a grandmother's dream of a weekend.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

What a nice change. Family, rainy day inside. Cozy.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

sounds like a great day Patricia! :)

It must be so nice having the kids next door! We drove 1 hr 45 mins each way to see jamie because her dad's birthday is this week. Driving wears me out.

have a great week!
gail

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It sounds like you had a cozy and fun day.Your crochet work is beautiful. My grandson at 2 1/2 isn't one to talk a lot, but when he does it's no telling what he's going to say. He loves to look at Gummi Bear Videos on the computer. A couple of months ago he was watching a video and for some reason the screen went black for a while. He came out with a very clear and loud "What the H.!! is this?!!My husband and I didn't let on that we even heard anything. We really watch what we say around him, so I'm guessing Mommy or Daddy must have had some frustrating computer problems lately. Amazing how fast they pick up and know just how to use anything you don't really want them to.

Art and Sand said...

We're in early fall heat mode right now and just trying to stay cool. I love rainy days when I can stay in and do projects. A little bit of crocheting sounds pretty good.

The Farmers Daughter said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! It's raining here today--makes me want to nap--but way too much to do!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

No rain here, but I'm definitely crocheting.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Sounds like lovely day. It rained yesterday and today and supposed to rain tomorrow as well. But like you, we need it so I'm not complaining!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Well, it looks like you recovered and have been quite busy! So glad you are able to enjoy some "goofing around" time with the boys. Sounds like a blast. Love all you've been making too! You are one talented lady! Oh, if only I really was queen of something, even queen of "the shuffle". Unfortunately, that is a title that is really hard to earn. The stuff never seems to let me reign over it. It's always in a state of uprising!
Liz